To fully understand the impact on your brands and packaging, here are the top ten factors to consider when planning for Nutrition 2016. Before you decide whether to re-label, re-package, reformulate or remove your products, be sure to consider the complete ramifications of each of these factors:
- New look and feel with more bolded fonts.
- Bigger footprint, typically increasing 5% to 100%.
- Extra emphasis on Calories, % Daily Values, Sugars.
Brand & Nutrition:
- Changes to nutrient claims from different serving sizes.
- Focus on nutrients' DV percentages rather than grams.
- Mandatory values for Added Sugar, Potassium & Vit D.
- New definition of "Dietary Fiber" omits certain fibers.
- Enterprise-wide, cross-functional coordination is vital.
- New nutrient data tracking across your supply chain.
- Ready to transition by the Effective Date Timeline.
PLC has developed product identity impact reports, educational seminars and Jump Start planning services to help clients fully understand the broad impact of the proposed labeling changes on their own products and companies.